Highgate Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) philosophy is to provide the community with an innovative out of school hours child care program for a variety of school aged children.
- To provide a convenient and cost effective service to support families during out of school hours and holidays
- To provide inclusive diverse programmes relevant to the children participating, taking into account their cultural, linguistic and family background.
- To provide programmes which promote a nurturing environment where children are happy and secure whilst developing their sense of well being.
- To develop positive relationships between staff and the children and their families.
- To assist staff to provide feedback on the centre’s operations and take part in evaluation of activities provided at the centre
- The Management Committee will be comprised of parents, OSHC staff, a representative from school council and school staff. The management committee is an active participant in the consultative and decision making process for the OSHC program
The program provides:
- A safe secure environment
- Quality care
- A range of school age activities
- New experiences
- Social and emotional development
Last Edited: 25/11/2020